Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Reach for the Sky!

I got an email from the TSA this morning, they have acknowledged receipt of  my fingerprints, and I am allowed to fly again!  The email from the TSA arrived in my email in-box at 6:34 AM, and at just after 7am, I got another from Bob, he had received the good news as well.  I have already scheduled a lesson for tonight from 7:00 to 9:00pm.  It's been getting dark earlier lately, so it will probably be night hours for me!

The trip to Will Rogers airport in Oklahoma City to get fingerprinted took about 2 hours by car, we had joked during ground school about just making it an unofficial cross country flight, but decided to err on the side of caution.  My wife Melodie and I both took the friday afternoon off of work to make the trip, and we arrived shortly before my appointed time of 3:00pm.

The fingerprinting location was at a jet charter company, where we met the guy that would be taking my fingerprints.  The fingerprinting machine used a pink ink and thick paper fingerprinting cards.  After all the pink prints were taken, the card was heated in the machine to cure the ink, which turned black when it was done cooking.  While we chatted, I learned that I was actually his first Alien Flight Student Program customer, and that he had purchased the fingerprinting equipment to help his charter company air crews pass their security checks.

Twenty minutes after we arrived, and with two separate sets of fingerprints completed, we were done, and so went to visit my sister, Rachel, who lives in Oklahoma City.  While we were at her house, I got a phone call letting me know that the fingerprints had been successfully uploaded.

All I had to do then, was wait for today's email.

Stay Tuned! More to come, hopefully more often that over the last couple of months!

0 comments:

Post a Comment