Friday, July 30, 2010

Altitude Withdrawls

My name is Gareth, and I'm addicted to flying. I haven't been on a lesson since July 21st, but it feels like a heck of a lot longer than that.

The Cessna 152 that I am taking my lessons in has been grounded for repairs (Not My Fault!)

Apparently before my sixth lesson on the 17th of July the rudder cables had been inspected and adjusted because of some looseness in the rudder controls. The adjustment helped a little, but it turns out that it was a weak tensioning spring that finally let go after my lesson on the 21st. The plane was grounded for maintenence on Friday the 23rd, and is still waiting for parts today, the 30th.

I spoke to Bob earlier and if the new spring comes in this weekend, we should be good to go for the Wednesday evening lesson next week.

He said there's another operation at Riverside that has a 152 available to rent, so I will check into rental rates for that and hopefully we can get airborne again soon.

Happy Landings!
-Gareth

0 comments:

Post a Comment